How to watch Timberwolves vs. Celtics basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Boston @ Minnesota
Current Records: Boston 16-17; Minnesota 15-17
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Minnesota Timberwolves are heading back home. They will take on the Boston Celtics at 8 p.m. ET on Monday at Target Center after having had a few days off. The Timberwolves have some work to do to even out the 1-10 series between these two since December of 2015, but a win here would be a good start.
Minnesota received a tough blow last week as they fell 128-116 to the Utah Jazz. A silver lining for Minnesota was the play of shooting guard Malik Beasley, who shot 7-for-16 from downtown and finished with 33 points and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Boston as they fell 117-113 to the Milwaukee Bucks this past Saturday. Boston was up 62-47 at the end of the half but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Despite the loss, they had strong showings from small forward Jayson Tatum, who had 25 points in addition to nine boards, and shooting guard Jaylen Brown, who had 25 points.
Minnesota is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with the Timberwolves, who are 16-16 against the spread.
Both teams will surely be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the win column after losses last week. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $39.00
The Celtics are a 4.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Celtics as an 8.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Boston have won ten out of their last 11 games against Minnesota.
- May 15, 2021 – Boston 124 vs. Minnesota 108
- Apr 09, 2021 – Boston 145 vs. Minnesota 136
- Feb 21, 2020 – Boston 127 vs. Minnesota 117
- Jan 02, 2019 – Boston 115 vs. Minnesota 102
- Dec 01, 2018 – Boston 118 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 08, 2018 – Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 05, 2018 – Boston 91 vs. Minnesota 84
- Mar 15, 2017 – Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 21, 2016 – Boston 99 vs. Minnesota 93
- Feb 22, 2016 – Minnesota 124 vs. Boston 122
- Dec 21, 2015 – Boston 113 vs. Minnesota 99
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Covid-19)
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Covid-19)
- Taurean Prince: Out (Covid-19)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Out (Covid-19)
- Anthony Edwards: Out (Covid-19)
- Naz Reid: Out (Covid-19)
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Covid-19)
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Boston
- Josh Richardson: Out (Covid-19)
- Marcus Smart: Out (Hand)
- C.J. Miles: Out (Covid-19)
- Enes Kanter: Out (Covid-19)
- Justin Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Bruno Fernando: Out (Covid-19)
- Aaron Nesmith: Out (Covid-19)
- Dennis Schroder: Out (Covid-19)
- Jayson Tatum: Out (Covid-19)